Who would not love to start their day with kittens, upon kittens, upon kittens? We are looking for a special group of volunteers to help us with this crucial shelter role. Keeping the shelter clean and our animals healthy is a big responsibility. Support is needed each day of the week from 8- 11am. We know it is early in the morning, but you will have other smiling and happy faces to work with while you are here. Do you know anyone else who loves cats? Volunteering with cats and friends is doubly rewarding.
Here are the details about what you would be doing. Keep in mind this is a short term commitment and your care will help these felines in their journey to finding a forever home!
Volunteers will be asked to commit to a once a weekly schedule. All days of the week are available, even weekends. Shifts are 8am – 11am. Anyone interested in volunteering, but not interested in this specific opportunity, should sign up for our general program at waysidewaifs.org
To get started helping our kitties, sign up for one of these classes be emailing AnnMarie Thomas, firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note in your email which shift you are interested in filling or if you are interested in volunteering for more than one day.
*These classes are ONLY for the Feline Comfort Support volunteer position.
June 13th 8am – 11am
June 15th 8am – 11am
Feline Comfort Support Volunteers support the Feline Care Techs (FCT) with a variety of tasks. These include cleaning and sanitizing kennels, picking up and distributing blankets/toys, and providing food and water. Volunteers will be provided with general volunteer training and one on one mentoring to ensure success in this position!
- This is a partnership of volunteers and staff working to provide the best quality of life for the cats at Wayside.
- Support feline socialization and the importance of touch.
- Decrease shelter stress and the spread of disease.
- Apply consistent deep cleaning techniques for kennels once they are vacated.
- Provide cats with basic necessities, clean surroundings, and toys for mental stimulation.
- Overall – Increase the adoptability, health, and welfare of cats at Wayside Waifs.
Have questions? Contact AnnMarie Thomas, email@example.com.